What is HealthPathways?
HealthPathways is an online clinical and referral information portal to be used by clinicians at the point of care. It is designed to provide
clinical guidance in a fast, easy to use format that has been localised to meet south western Sydney protocols and guidelines. Information regarding local hospital clinics and serviced are also provided. The site is written for a general practice
audience but can be used by any health professional in south western
The HealthPathways program was originally developed in Canterbury, New Zealand and as part of the program, our team has access to all of their clinical content. As we localise pathways, the Canterbury content is replaced with local guidelines and services.
There are more than 370
localised pathways on HealthPathways South Western Sydney and another 150 in development.
In addition to clinical guidance and information on local hospital and private services, HealthPathways also provides health professionals access to:
- Access to a live and up to date database of patient Information (including links to patient information in relevant community languages where available)
- Educational and clinical resources
- Public health alerts and new services and projects within the Local Health District and PHN
- Database of referral forms and practice software templates for Best Practice and Medical Director
For access to the site, please contact your practice support officer or email the HealthPathways Team.
What is on the project site?
This project site provides information on:
- How health professionals in south western Sydney can get involved in the HealthPathways program
- Details of upcoming Workgroups as well as CPD events for general practitioners and nursing staff
- Promotional materials (including video interviews with the HealthPathways Clinical Leads) and downloadable copies of the bi-monthly HealthPathways South Western Sydney newsletter
- Program snapshots providing updates on: pathway development; site utilisation; and Workgroup summaries
- Recognition of those who have assisted the HealthPathways South Western Sydney program, as well as details on the Program Team
- Access to the Draft and Live sites (logins required)
South Western Sydney HealthPathways is a collaborative project between South Western Sydney Local Health District and South Western Sydney PHN